214-420-6001 | 888-733-VISA

Specialty Occupation Visa (H-1B)

The H-1B is a nonimmigrant visa designed to permit U.S. employers to recruit and employ foreign professionals in specialty occupations for up to 6 consecutive years. The occupation must require at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.

Typical fields that qualify for an H-1B are: IT, Architecture, Engineering, Mathematics, Physical Scientific Research, Social Science, Biotechnology, HealthCare/Medicine, Education, Law, Accounting, Business, Theology, Arts, Computing, Finance, Accounting, Banking, Marketing, Sales, Recruiting, and Telecommunication.

An employer must sponsor the immigrant worker and file for a Labor Condition Application (LCA) attesting that the immigrant worker will be paid the prevailing wage for the position and similarly employed U.S. workers will not be adversely affected.

If you are interested in sponsoring an employee for an H-1B, or you believe you qualify for an H-1B, please contact our office today for a consultation.

Find Out More

Looking to Stay Up to Date? Sign Up for Updates from Brewer & Lormand.